Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Metropoleis

I have not written about Seoul. It has taken a while to comprehend the trip. I've found myself referring to life in terms of pre-Seoul and post-Seoul.

It is impossible to write everything I want to write about Seoul in one sitting. I should write about Seoul as the mood strikes me. That mood comes in waves, in bits and specks.

--

Seoul and my friends there taught me how to drink.

Seoul, like all metropoleis, relies on its subways and taxis for most transportation. That means a lot of walking to and from blocks.

Walking is the key to staying alert and conscience while drinking for long periods of time. When I drink too much at the pool I get the worst headaches. When I take shots and then sit right back down, I vomit and pass out.

In Seoul, we walked everywhere. We drank 11 of 14 nights. We went to bed after 3 a.m. 10 of 14 nights. The closest I came to puking on that trip was on the plane ride over. But hell, it wasn't my fault that the cheapest flight was at 9 a.m. on the morning after my 21st.





Photobucket
The neighborhood glowed Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment